Thursday, August 26, 2010
The Baby Whisperer
Hudson spent his first night in his bed last night and LOVED it!!! I started putting him in his crib yesterday for his naps thought it would be a good way to start getting him used to his room. Wanted to give him a few weeks to transition. I guess he had other plans :) My girlfriend gave me the baby whisperer book to read so I have been perusing it in the few spare moments I find between feeding, changing, playing blocks and trucks :) She has some great advice so last night we gave it a try. I fed him at 7:30 he wasn't quite ready for bed so we gave him his bath and put on his jammies. He was a little fussy at this point; I suppose a little overtired. So Denny tried to rock and snuggle him he just wasn't calming down. So we opted to give him a few minutes peace and quiet in his own bed. I jumped in the shower all the while hurrying through the motions my little angel was crying and I couldn't get to him fast enough :) you moms know how that is... Walked in and he was fast asleep. WOW!! is this really happening. I hadn't intended for him to sleep in his bed just a little cat nap until the 10:30 feeding. Decided not to disturb him he didn't call me in until 2:30am. 7 HOURS!!! Whew Hew!!! Go Hudson!! He went right back to sleep. Woke up at 5:30 for another snack, and right back to sleep. Woke up at 8 and he hasn't decided he wants breakfast yet - just had to get up in time to kiss his sister good bye for the day!!! Hopefully here's to some good nights sleep!! Thank you baby whisperer and Auntie Erika!!!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I have heard that book is INCREDIBLE!!! Cheers to getting more sleep!
ReplyDelete